RSS Feed

Dear hurting wife, I see you.

Posted on
Dear hurting wife, I see you.

Dear hurting wife, I see you.

I see you because I know you.

I see you because I have been you.

I see your despair behind those honest but cleverly crafted Facebook posts.

I see your questions because I, too, have questioned.

I see your fears for I, too, have nearly been consumed by the flames of my own.

I see your loneliness while standing in the midst of that crowd.

I see your tears when you are alone because you don’t want the kids to see. For if they see then they may also know your pain. You would never wish this on your babies. Not in a million years.

I see you sitting on your sofa staring out the window looking for life to flutter by and hope to rise in the horizon.

I see you grasping for anything that is true.

I see you longing for something or someone you can trust.

I see you longing for someone who would understand.

Dear hurting wife, I see you.

I wish I could fix it for you but I can’t. I can’t even offer solutions for you.

I can only offer you hope. Even a glimmer of hope is enough to fan the flame.

Dear hurting wife, this page in your story is a comma, not a period. (click to tweet)

Winston Churchill is quoted to have said, “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”

Dear hurting wife, keep going.

Wipe that last tear to make room for the next one for it’s okay to cry.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Please remember that two steps forward and one step back still leaves you one step forward.

Just like winter miraculously turns to spring through the ache of death and buried seedlings push through barren soil reaching fierce for light, your pain will bear sweet fruit. And those scars on your heart, they will become the most beautiful flowers in your garden.

Dear hurting wife, I see you.

Because I too was once seen by another.

She saw through my hollow eyes straight down into my wounded heart.

She quietly passed me a note.

It said something like, “I see you because I’ve been you.”

Dear hurting wife, I see you.

More importantly, so does our Father.

Keep going.

Redemption awaits.

Redemption may not bear the image your heart longs for in this moment but redemption will come.

In God’s way.

In God’s time.

For now, though, just keep going.

“He is before all things, in Him all things hold together.” Colossians 1:17 NIV

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 NIV

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

For further reading, you may find great comfort in Isaiah 54.

In sincerest love,
From one hurting wife to another, to another, to another…

Dear hurting wife, I see you.

This post is a tribute to a dear friend who saw me. She knows who she is. I can’t thank her enough for her gift of being seen. The very least I can do, now that I see my own scars as beautiful flowers in my garden, is to pay it forward.

About Andrea

I'm a stumbling pilgrim and gatherer of stories. Stories about Jesus and how He gave His life for me, sustains me and redeems me... even though...

16 responses »

1. Andrea, this is beautiful. I’ve been where you’ve been, and I was so comforted by those brave enough to say, “I see you.” Sharing this on Facebook!

2. Beautiful Andrea ❤️

3. hisdearlyloveddaughter

Thank-you Andrea, this was beautiful and very encouraging! God bless!

4. Andrea, what beautiful hope you’ve offered here. Thank you for paying it forward to another hurting wife who needs to hear this today. I’m going to do my part to share this to be sure she does.
    Blessings to you!
    Marva | SunSparkleShine

• Thank you, Marva! I am saddened by the thought of anyone feeling alone in their pain. I know a blog post is not a replacement for real relationship but it’s at least something I could do.

Liked by 1 person

5. That was simply beautiful. I’ve been that hurting wife before….I’ve walked a time I wish I could forget. The scars on my heart are still there, but they’re part of a beautiful redemption story that Has been perfectly penned by my heavenly Husband. You are right, my friend. There is always Hope. And that Hope is more than enough to fan the flame. ❤️

6. Angelina Glass

This is absolutely beautiful and has me in tears. I needed this today. I feel so alone and misunderstood. No one bothers to check in with me and ask if I’m ok. What a beautiful thing that people can find someone that cares enough to say… “I see you” That could change everything for someone.

• Dear friend, first I want to tell you that it’s okay to cry. Second, I want to say how sorry I am that you feel so alone. But mostly I want to tell you that God is so near to you right now. His word promises that He is near to the broken-hearted. Psalm 34:18. If no one else around you sees you, please know that your Heavenly Father does. He is enough for you. Take good care of yourself. ~Andrea

7. Very beautifully written. A beacon of hope for the hurting. Thank you for your vulnerability!

8. courtneybellis

So, so great, Andrea. Love the Churchill. Love your words.

Share Your Thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s